Master of Arts Graduation Requirements

There are three forms one has to complete in order to graduate:

Application for Award of Degree: This must be filed with the Division of Graduate Studies. This form is only available at the GradStop Counter for students who have an approved GAP on file by the deadline. Please pay university fees by cash or check at the Cashier's Office prior to submitting your form to the Division of Graduate Studies. For students who mail in their forms, please attach a check made out to SFSU prior to mailing in application. To have an application mailed to you, please call the Grad Hotline at (415) 338-2234 for assistance.

Report of Completion: Report of completion form requires all the signatures of your thesis committee and the director. You will not be approved for graduation without this form.

Receipt for Master’s Thesis or Written Creative Work: Obtained in the Division of Graduate Studies (ADM 254) when you bring your thesis or written creative work in for a formatting check. The Receipt must be verified at the Campus Copy Center when you submit your document and pay the binding fees.

NOTE: If you did not complete your thesis at the semester of graduation and you received an "RP" (Report in Progress) grade, you must complete a PETITION FOR GRADE CHANGE. Your application for MA Degree will be denied if your grade is not changed to a letter grade or CR (Credit).